Saturday, July 26, 2008

Peace of mind

You don't know how I feel when I'm playing music.

Maybe this sentence sounds totally hollow to most of you but the truth behind it is really not meaningless. I mean the peace of mind I get when I sing the MOPA songs reaches such a high level, that I think I only reach in a few other moments. Maybe when I'm with my girlfriend.
But it's not just a "good moment". I speak about "rare rare rare moments".
During a MOPA rehearsal, and moreover during a gig, my body speaks to my mind and says : "Hey, everything is fucking ok, here. All your problems are fucking dead. They've gone away."

It's paradoxal to have such painful lyrics, and feel such a peace of mind with this music. But that's true and amazing. Music heals. Really.
I answered to an interview a few weeks ago, telling that when you live awful personal experiences, you got 2 solutions :
A. You kill yourself
B. You turn it into "art", to save yourself

I choose B.

No comments: