Monday, July 14, 2008

Rainbow warrior (!)

I'll talk about our crazy day in Devore / San Bernardino, CA, next day.
I just wanted to talk about things we hear it although we're so far away from everything we knew... Things we hear through friends and families, and coming from anonymous guys, maybe enemies, or from even other friends or so-called ones !
These things are about the fact of just being here. MOPA recording in L.A. with Ross Robinson... We add Ross on MySpace. He listened to the songs. He fell in love with the music. He wrote us as I quite never do, and so we began to think at recording together. That's amazing how this story brings us so many cool things, and the same time, so many bad words, bad things.
Bad stuff, from people we don't know and who love to hate MOPA, and sometimes from people we know. Sometimes, friends don't send us bad things. But they just can not be happy for us. We feel that.
There are people who feed you with their support, their joy, their inner frankness, their positivity. And there are people who make you feel strange inside, like guilty of the luck we have, guilty of all the work we've done to make this possible too ! Guilty of having an american producer convinced in the "spiritual power" (as he says) of our music. Guilty of having, after so many motherfucking awful personal things this year, a bit of luck. Maybe lots of luck. Yeah. We're lucky. That doesn't mean we haven't worked for that. That doesn't mean we have neither... but... we're lucky. And knowing that I scream like a pig in all the microphones of France since 1996, I'm happy to be lucky today. Yeah, that's cool, I'm a happy man today, motherfuckers.
But I will not feel guilty for anyone. I will not accept all this shit sent on our face. I will not be moved by any pathetic geek behind his screen. I will not even go to see that. I will refuse to see the jealousy around me. Cause that's what this is built on. I will forget all the strange things I heard before going in America. I will even stop to call anyone "motherfucker". Cause noone is still a motherfucker here. The motherfuckers become through our eyes people in pain, people lost in their inner fight, people who missed their enemies, people who think the world hates them, people so scared of life, and what they hide inside. I can even say I agree to help you. Just if you want to. Cause I know you need help.

Now is what we always did. We just make music. We work for that. A lot. Me, I write lyrics. I sing. And I got 2 friends. One on drums. One on the piano.
If you like it, enjoy. If you don't, enjoy life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, people sound like jerks. Your music is great.

Anonymous said...

We can enjoy MOPA and enjoy life to.
<3
the most useful message of the day.
piou (loves you)

Unknown said...

We had similar reactions when we told people we were to record the Sibyl Vane album with Howard Bilerman and have it mixed at the Hotel2Tango...
How ( such a small band who still need to learn how to play properly their not radio-friendly enough/not experimental enough music and who doesn't mate with all the local band and venues from their area )can even think of working with someone like him ? They must be so pretentious to dare believing in their music so much... My band is soooo better, WE should record in Montreal... but WE don't have the money to actually do it... etc etc.. blah blah...

And you know what guys ? I cared about that crap... I was hurt by people refusing to support us for the making of this record and saying it was an "unrealistic project" out of jealousy or whatever.
We all know what it takes and it's a great amount of work to be where you are now.. so go ahead and break a leg !