Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ataraxy

When I was younger, I created an indie alternative newspaper called "Ataraxy". It didn't last long actually !..
That's strange how words come back several years after. I'm thinking back at ataraxy now. The ataraxy is the land I'm trying to reach, by digging into myself to understand as well every trauma of every song... Ataraxy is Anchorage. This land is something pure. Something beautiful. A place we don't tell lie neither bullshits. A place where we don't cheat. Where we don't feel anger. Neither hatred. A place without egos, perversion, cynism, without those weapons of sadness, of weakness, of madness.
A place where I would be in first lane to show and be the good example. Maybe for the first time of my life. After all my mistakes, be the example for my own life, for my own country, for my own democraty. Be someone I forgot to be everytime I suffered, everytime I cried, everythime I died. It's so easy in the end to kill the sinner. It's so more difficult to live in peace with the picture of the sin. Cause you'll never be able to kill a picture.
We must live in forgiveness to become that man. That's obvious. It's not that hard to be that one. I mean we don't have to fight, to struggle for that. But it's en everyday consciousness. Self-forgiveness first. Then sowing this forgiveness all around. Automatically.

There's no other way to live my lyrics. I mean I'm obliged to live them with salvation, catharsis, forgiveness and mercy. It's a healthy and sruvival question. What I talk about in my lyrics, what I went through is so painful. In a movie-maker way, we would say it's amazing, and it's fucking great stories for a movie scenario !
The traumas reached such a level it's forbidden for me to sing them with anger, suffering, and hatred. I don't tell that to appear as Jesus. A lot of persons got the same kind of traumas as me. But I want to prevent people from hurting themselves deeper. Because I reached levels of self-destruction, of blabla depression -I don't like this word-, I can say now that I would have died if you would have continued to sing words as messages of hate.

Those words are not anger anymore.
Those words are a reminder. For friends. For me. For people. A reminder to recall them never to live this life. Never to live my life again.
Those words, as rough as they can be, are messages of peace. Inner peace. And blowing peace.
Those words mean : "This is war. See. So don't fight anymore. You'd just die."

Here is what is supposed never to have happened.
It's My Own Private Alaska.

No comments: