Saturday, August 09, 2008

Where it all began

Voices have begun.
After a long afternoon without singing, we began after midnight the serious things for me. Before the break, Ross told me to choose the song we were going to jump into at night. He told me to walk outside, alone, to know it. Even in the forest if I could have gone there. Or anywhere else I could have thought by myself. Maybe even a loud and crappy bar. Inside the noise, you often hear yourself whispering deeply.

I was about to drink a glass alone in a bar. I was waiting for the signal to cross the street. I was thinking about the people drinking. The TVs on the wall. The barmaids teasing you. The people looking at you with strange eyes. "People are strange when you're a stranger"...
The signal for pedestrians turned on and I didn't move. After a few seconds, I moved in the exact opposite way. No bar for me. I took the direction of the ocean. I went on the pier. There were still people fishing there. I stopped to look at the ocean. I thought it could be the only element pure enough to guide me, and lead me to make the good choices in terms of feeling songs, of digging, of climbing in myself.
The waves were large. I saw their profile. I didn't face them. So I didn't know if they were high. But they were large. I stared on their long way to the shore. It's amazing how they travel. Then all became clear. I had to begin where it all began.
The MOPA project began with "Die For Me". It was the first lyrics I wrote. It was one of the oldest piano compositions of Tristan. It was the first song we played together with Yohan. At the first second of the first whole rehearsal, I knew that the musical concept would work. And I sang "Die For Me" for the first time.
We would also begin with it.
If I say please.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woaw.. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Bon choix !

Greetings from Tanen.