Friday, August 08, 2008

Rock concerts


The main piano is done. Tristan has now to finish some additional pianos to complete his work.

As soon as it was done, Ross wanted me to train to warm up my voice, in order me to recover new good physical sensations. The concept of training is simply called "Rock Concerts". Cause the singer has just to perform the whole record in a row, as a rock concert. No pause. No pee. No blabla inbetween. I was in the room with Ross. And at the end with even Tristan and Yohan... "it's a rock concert, so everybody can come !"
So we made 2 rock concerts a day. We made that 4 times.
That's incredible how I sweated while I was singing... I think I lost 10 liters of water per session ! That will make a good balance regarding all the fat and sugar we swallow day after day, even if we try to eat healthy food. These concerts tired me a lot. I've never been that used to perform 60/70 minutes of MOPA, without breaking. But the fact was that. If I was tired, I had to go on, cause the fact of being tired could bring me to another level. That's the deal. That may be the purpose too. Cause when you're exhausted, you try to dig into you to find innerfoces, that you're not used to use. And that's what happened.
Some sounds got out from my mouth... sounds I never heard from me before !
Damn, it was harsch and rough sometimes...
I even hurt my voice on the last rock concert. For the first time being here in Los Angeles. I think I totally lost my mind on some parts, and my brain pushed the limits of my voice way too far.
Next time, I'll do the contrary. Pushing the limits of my voice as far as my brain could follow. Haha...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So this is what the "mental surgery" looks like.

I gotta admit that I'm quite impatient to hear the result (on you, like on Yohan and Tristan) on the CD, but before its release, I'll hear (and will see) it at you gig in Paris.

See you in september and "good luck" for this last month with Ross Robinson. :)