Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Phone Home




Did you know Tristan doesn't know playing any other song except the MOPA ones ?
That's what he says...
Of course that's not true.
He plays Beethoven sometimes, and even AGORA FIDELIO... He once played METALLICA too. But he's not that lying.

I mean he's an atypic pianist. He's not the classical one everyone thinks he is. Tristan quite hates jazz, and doesn't listen that much to classical and lyrical music. He's the first pianist whose favorite artists are Kurt Cobain and Page Hamilton ! Of course, he plays guitar too. But that's funny how things happened like he didn't play guitar in MOPA, like we're not today a grungy rock band with bass and guitars...
He choosed (we choosed, indeed) to play piano in a rock / metal / screamo band. That's thanks to this man that we're seen as aliens for every soundcheck in every venue we play in !

But it's good to feel as an alien sometimes. It's fun. As long as my finger doesn't turn red to phone home, it's fun.

2 comments:

Biboux said...

Tristan-----YOU RULE my friend ;)

Anonymous said...

"I mean he's an atypic pianist. He's not the classical one everyone thinks he is." -> I totally agree with this sentence. He is the best pianist I know...even if I only know him...in Toulouse ;p He was also the best supervisor of the Collège Pierre-Suc in Saint-Sulpice!!!
More seriously, I think he is really talented and gifted, so this trip to the USA is a real opportunity for this (wonderful) group. See you soon on the road!!