Monday, August 18, 2008

I hurt myself today





We finished the main vocals takes.
And that was beautiful. I dare to say that cause I'm not speaking about me. I'm not that pretentious. I am of course ;-) But not at this level !.. So : the last song was "Ode to Silence". A song we never played live. An extrem song. A very very very extrem and experimental song.

It was so hard for me to find what I wanted to say on this song, that I chose not to tell anything except one sentence. I mean it was hard cause the song is weird and it was just simply hard to find vocals ideas. But it was also hard to find the words, cause what I wanted to express was so dark, so awful, so based on disgust and disappointment, that words "didn't come easy" (as in the crappy song...). So there is no words. Just noises. I mean noises that can come out from you when you link your belly to your mouth. When you link your bleeding heart to your bleeding tongue.

What is beautiful in that ? It's not me. At the end of the vocals takes, Tristan and Yohan wanted to help me to finish the song. They wanted to be there beside me, to scream with me. To help me. To purify. To let it all out. They screamed. Like fucking animals...

Then Ross wanted them to sing the song alone. I mean Tristan first. And then Yohan. As a lead singer. Just to try. They fucking hurt their voice. Like me. Yohan was a little bit shy, but expressed so deep and hidden things... And when Tristan sang... I felt so huge chills... It was so powerful and sensitive... athough he broke his voice after ten seconds of singing (!), something incredible happened. It was so beautiful. He talked in french. And got out all the traumas we had to face during this recording sessions. I was so moved. His voice was wonderful.

I'm sure you'll hear him on the record. You'll have to. You'll need to.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats ross for you. He takes bands beyond their limits. Makes them do things that artist didn't know they had inside of them. You guys are now a part of history.

Déhà said...

This is just something I do want to hear for my musical experience. Pushing the limits away of any instruments or voice, like, shivering when you're doing your own thing...
I just can't wait to hear this. Really can't.

On se capte à Huy ou à Lille.